The below are possible ways in which a hacker can snoop in your Whatsapp (It is not methods):
- People can read your message just by copying Whatsapp database file and encryption key from your phone and with the help of some software, they can read it.
- Using Python and other tools to read the chat session of WhatsApp.
- By spoofing MAC address – Media access control address— every WiFi network adapter phone has a 12-character unique identifier called MAC address. Hackers can use your phone’s MAC address and can duplicate your WhatsApp on their device.
How to protect your whatsapp account:
- Don’t hand over your phone to person you don`t trust.
- keep your message inbox secure with separate lock, so that no second person can read your message from text inbox.
- If someone is using Whatsapp web with your number then go to setting of your Whatsapp and click “log-out from all browser” or some similar option will be there.
- Enable two-step verification as follows:
- To enable two-step verification, open WhatsApp > Settings > Account > Two-step verification > Enable.
- This step will ask you to create a password and will prevent someone else to use your number for Whatsapp verification.